Columbus Sump Pump Installation & Replacement
Water Damage Prevention With Sump Pump Replacement & Repair
Flooding and water damage can occur not just as a result of heavy rains or snowstorms, but also due to plumbing disasters such as a burst pipe or an overflowing toilet. Make sure your home is protected by installing a sump pump. A sump pump is a plumbing device that is used to pump out floodwaters away from your home and into the drainage. It is usually installed in a specially constructed sump pit that is located in the lowest part of your house, typically the basement or crawlspace.
If your home does not have a sump pump yet, it’s never too late to install one today. Our team at Plumbing & Drain Professionals has decades of experience servicing different types of sump pumps. We are here to help you with sump pump installation, maintenance, and even repairs.
Contact us at (614) 776-0998 or online to schedule your sump pump installation in Columbus or the greater Metropolitan Area!
Types of Sump Pumps
When it comes to choosing a sump pump, it’s best to install one that is most suitable for your home, your unique needs, and budget. Our professional plumbers can guide you through the different options that you have.
Below are the most common types of sump pumps available on the market:
- Pedestal – The more affordable type of sump pump, pedestal sump pumps are best for homes with narrow or shallow pits. They also come in two pieces: the motor that is installed above the basement floor and the hose that carries the water into the sump pit.
- Submersible –As its name implies, a submersible sump pump is meant to be submerged in water, which is why it is installed below the basement floor. This is the sump pump that is preferred by many homeowners because of its quiet operation and ease of use.
- Battery-operated – This type of sump pump acts as a backup to your primary sump pump. Because power outage is common during a storm, it is crucial to have a battery-operated one so you can be sure your basement stays dry even if your main sump pump has stopped working.
Once you’ve selected the right sump pump for your home, our expert Columbus plumbers can start with the installation process, ensuring timely and quality workmanship.
Sump Pump Repair & Maintenance
If your home has an existing sump pump, it’s also important to have it checked regularly to see if it’s still in good shape. Don’t wait until floodwaters are already rising in your basement to have a plumber come in and inspect your sump pump. Our professional plumbers are always on-call for any type of service you may need relating to sump pumps.
5 Signs You Need Sump Pump Repair
1. It's making new noises - If there are some parts that could use tuning up or replacement you might get these strange sounds coming from your sump pump.
2. Visible mold or mildew - If your sump pump isn't draining properly it could leave standing water in an area with little to no ventilation. This is the perfect recipe for mold and mildew growth so if you see or smell it contact our Columbus sump pump repair experts.
3. It's on when there is no water - If there is any issue with your sensors or switch, it could be running when it shouldn't be and this extra work will cost you on the utility bill.
4. It's not pumping water out like it should - There is no more clear sign that you should call our Columbus sump pump repair experts then a sump pump that isn't pumping.
5. Vibrates a lot when in use - If your sump pump ever gets hard matter inside of it, this matter can bend or break some parts in your sump pump. When this happens you might get an unbalanced impeller that will cause the vibration you're noticing.
Do you need Columbus Sump Pump installation, replacement or repair? Call Plumbing & Drain Professionals at (614) 776-0998. We are also available 24/7 for any emergency!