Columbus Water Heater Repair & Installation
Tired of Taking Cold Showers?
If your water heater is broken, don’t worry—Plumbing & Drain Professionals is the expert you can trust. Regardless if it is a small fix or a more complex issue, our plumbers use their decades of experience and training to get your water heater up and running again in no time. We understand how important for households and businesses to have a working water heater, and you can rest easy knowing that our professional plumbers always ensure a job done right the first time. We even back all our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee to ease all your worries.
Enjoy a hot, relaxing shower or bath today! Call (614) 776-0998 to request water heater installation or repair in the greater Columbus Metropolitan Area.
4 Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
1. Even a little cold water in your hot shower - While a bit of cold water in your hot shower might not seem like anything to write home about, give a call to our Columbus water heater repair experts. You've likely got a crack in the dip tube that will mix incoming cold water with outgoing hot water.
2. Loud noises - If you hear a cracking or snapping sound, then your unit just needs a good cleaning as the sediments are mixing and making this popping sound. If you're hearing a rumbling or banging noise, then your fix will be a bit more complex.
3. Signs of corrosion - Every tank water heater has a sacrificial anode rod that's responsible for attracting the rusting elements in your water heater. If you see signs of corrosion, check your anode rod. If you don't know how, our water heater repair experts will gladly show you.
4. Low water pressure - Another symptom of sediment build-up is that your water is going to be heavier, and have a harder time coming out at the same pressure as before.
Signs It’s Time for a Water Heater Replacement
Like most appliances, water heaters are not meant to last forever. If yours is already between 10 and 15 years, you should seriously consider getting a new, energy-efficient replacement.
Don’t know the exact age of your water heater? Notice the following signs:
- Taking a longer time to heat your water
- Not heating to adequate levels
- Running out of hot water
- Producing rusty or smelly water
If your water heater is showing any of the signs above, it’s likely that your unit is already down to its last legs. Schedule a visit from our team to determine the actual condition of your water heater. We can advise you on whether repairing or replacing the water heater is a more practical solution. In case it’s the latter, we offer our assistance in selecting the replacement unit and provide proper installation.
Keep Your Water Heater Running with Maintenance
Sometimes, all your water heater needs is a simple tune-up. Plumbing & Drain Professionals offers comprehensive maintenance for your water heater, which may include checking the pressure valve, flushing the sediments out of the tank, checking for leaks and drips, and repairing as necessary. We recommend water heater maintenance in Columbus at least once a year.
What Happens If You Don't Flush Your Water Heater?
Flushing a water heater is a regular maintenance item that is important for the overall health of your water heater. If your water heater is not being flushed annually, sediment may build up inside, causing it to work harder and potentially causing unnecessary issues.
Additionally, sediment may come out of your faucets and the buildup of sediment may cause lowered water pressure, bursting pipes, or the water heater to break sooner than expected.
Interested in a Tankless Water Heater?
When looking for a new water heater for your home or commercial space, you have a myriad of choices, including tankless water heaters. As the name implies, tankless water heaters don’t come with a storage tank and are usually just mounted on a wall. Tankless water heaters work by heating water on demand, making them more energy efficient compared to conventional units that need to heat and reheat the water in the tank. If you’re interested in installing one, let our professional plumbers help you find the best brand and model for your lifestyle and budget. We can also provide proper installation to ensure safe, reliable operation.
For all your water heater needs, contact our Columbus water heater repair experts at (614) 776-0998 or online. 24-hour emergency repair services are also available.